Showing 1–12 of 28 results
Benefits Of Using Hand Barcode Scanners
Hand barcode scanners are practical and can be used across different industries. You can use them in different settings, including retail settings and asset inventory. There are multiple benefits you can enjoy from using handheld barcode scanners, including:
- Highly customisable: 2D handheld barcode scanners can be customised and made small in order to fit rough surfaces and run through small items.
- Relatively affordable: Handheld barcode scanners are reasonably priced. The model and type of hand scanner you get will ultimately determine the price. For instance, 1D and 2D barcode scanners vary in price, with the latter costing more. Overall, handheld scanners are reasonably priced, and even small businesses can afford to incorporate barcode scanning into their business.
- Versatile: Handheld barcode scanners are pretty flexible. If you invest in a 2D scanner, you will be able to read both 1D and 2D barcodes, making your process more efficient.
- Increased efficiency: Handheld scanners improve your business’ efficiency, especially if you work in a high-speed work environment. Instead of keying in data manually, you can use a handheld scanner which is more efficient and accurate.
- Time-saving: Handheld scanners will save you time and enhance productivity in your workplace. These scanners are coupled with a database that manages and stores the scanned data, and you can access it at any time. This helps you save time as you no longer have to try and access the information manually.
- Reduced errors: Manually recording products is tasking, time-consuming and prone to human error. On the other hand, handheld scanners capture accurate data, minimising and doing away with the possibility of human errors. There will be zero errors and accelerated workflow efficiency resulting in high-speed throughputs.
- Reduced labour costs: Handheld barcode scanners improve your work efficiency and help you reduce labour costs significantly. They efficiently and accurately capture and record data, meaning you need fewer people to oversee the process, reducing your labour costs.
Australia’s Best Handheld Barcode Scanners
Do you need barcode scanning to improve your workflow efficiency? ASP Microcomputers has the best handheld barcode scanners in Australia. We have a wide range of scanners available, depending on your specific requirements. Whether you need to use our scanners in a commercial or industrial setting, you will significantly benefit by saving time and increasing productivity.
Handheld barcode scanners typically have a handle and a trigger button and are connected to the PC with a cable making them extremely easy to operate.
Hand Barcode Scanners FAQs
How much does a barcode scanner cost?
There is no standard cost for a handheld barcode scanner as several factors will influence the total price of the scanner. Their capability and functionality significantly influence how much a handheld scanner will cost. Overall, omnidirectional scanners are costlier than straight-line laser scanners, and an image-capture scanner costs more than a laser scanner.
A general-purpose handheld scanner can cost anywhere between $200 to $600, rugged handheld scanners can cost $2,500 or more, and less-rugged ones anywhere between $500 to $1,200.
What is the difference between a handheld scanner and a barcode reader?
While there is no difference between how both perform basic functions, the critical difference lies in how they read a barcode, decode it, and enter the data into a system.
What is a handheld barcode scanner?
A handheld barcode scanner refers to any scanner that you can hold in your hand during use. Handheld scanners are typically designed like handguns and have a grip and a trigger that activates their scanning function. Handheld barcode scanners can be cordless, corded, or a 1D and 2D barcode. A handheld scanner uses imaging or laser scanner technology to capture barcodes.
Are barcode readers free?
You can download certain apps on your phone for free, letting you read barcodes. Free barcode reader apps turn your mobile device into a barcode recognition tool.
What is the best handheld scanner?
The best handheld scanner is relative. It depends on what key features you are looking for and where you intend to use the scanner. For instance, it will be best to get a rugged handheld scanner model if you need a durable handheld scanner for field use. Ultimately, you need to establish your requirements to determine what model and type of handheld scanner will serve you best.
What is a handheld scanner used for?
Handheld scanners are easy to use once you set them up. These scanners are versatile, and you can use them in various applications, including monitoring equipment maintenance and repair programs, asset management, and point of sale barcode scanning. You can also use them for inventory control across different industries like warehousing, manufacturing, education, and retail.