Zapper Tornado BT
The Zapper Tornado BT™ is ASP’s latest Bluetooth scanning sensation, employing cutting-edge Imaging Technology to provide outstanding scanning performance even with worn or difficult to read barcodes.
- Durable construction to withstand multiple drops to concrete from 1.8 metres
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology with up to 100m communications range
- Plug-and-play cordless migration by working with smart cradle
- Supports multiple connections – up to 7 scanners in PICO mode
- Supports both HID and SPP profiles to connect with most Bluetooth-enabled hosts
- Memory storage of up to 80,000 EAN-13 scans for batch scanning
- Batch scanning function is ideal for inventory applications
- Supports out-of-range scanning and auto-reconnection features
- Outstanding reading capability on 3 mil barcode with more than 75mm depth of field
- Up to 86cm reading range on general barcodes
- Unsurpassed readability on low contrast, smudged, poorly-printed or damaged barcodes
- GS1 DataBar Linear-stacked, PDF, MicroPDF and composite code are supported
If you'd like to receive pricing or more information on this product, please click on the "Add to request list" button below.
Please scroll down to see more details about this product!
Click here to view the .PDF brochure for this product.
The Tornado reads most 1D linear-stacked barcodes, including GS1 Databar (formerly known as RSS), making it an ideal scanner and a sound future-proof investment.
Any scanner can read perfect barcode labels, but the Tornado will quickly and accurately read the low contrast, damaged, smudged, poorly-printed barcode labels that are commonly found in the real world, with a huge depth of field – up to 40cm reading distance for 100% UPC/EAN symbols.
With the ability to automatically switch between hand-held scanning and presentation scanning simply by placing the scanner into the SmartStand or Cradle, the Zapper Tornado BT™ and is also one of the most versatile scanners available.
The Zapper Tornado BT is part of ASP’s versatile Zapper Tornado family. See the matrix below for the all members of the family, and click on any model name to find out more.
|Zapper Tornado Model||Corded||Bluetooth||1D||2D||Antimicrobial|
|Zapper Tornado 2D||✔||✔||✔|
|Zapper Tornado BT||✔||✔|
|Zapper Tornado 2D BT||✔||✔||✔|
|Zapper Tornado HC||✔||✔||✔|
|Zapper Tornado 2D HC||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Zapper Tornado BT HC||✔||✔||✔|
|Zapper Tornado 2D BT HC||✔||✔||✔||✔|
“I emailed you with an order for a Z4DTKIT at about 10am yesterday and I had the package in my hand on the far western edge of Sydney at about 10am today. Brilliant! Most impressed with the service, the product and the great price! Thanks again.”
ASP Microcomputers assists with Australian first in converging technologies for Holmesglen Institute of TAFE’s library management solution
The Institute offers a broad spectrum of educational courses, mostly at the post-secondary level, to over 50,000 students. The Information Commons is a library network of some 130,000 items into which is integrated a computer-based learning area in each of its four branches. Stocktake is an important process, to know what materials are missing and need urgent replacement, and to gauge how well the material security system is operating. It is a labour-intensive operation that is difficult to carry out quickly and safely. The solution was to replace the corded equipment with small, portable cordless devices, taking advantage of Holmesglen’s wireless computer network and Bluetooth® wireless barcode scanning technology.
To implement a safer and faster way of taking stock of materials in the Information Commons, and improve processes so that it’s not necessary to close the library to the public during stocktake.
- A real time barcode stocktake system over a 802.11 wireless infrastructure
- Portable Bluetooth barcode scanners transmitting to ‘paired’ Pocket PC’s
- Scanner and Pocket PC integration via ASPKey+ for Pocket PC™ middleware
- Pocket PC devices transmitting the data back to the host application in real time
- Equipment is light, easy and safe to use
- Real time data transmission eliminates the need to upload the scanned data
- Faster reading of barcodes from a greater distance
- Time required to complete a stocktake has halved
- Rapid ROI due to reduced staff times and safety improvements
Hardware and Software
- ASPKey+ for Pocket PC™ middleware
- Denso GT10 portable barcode scanners with Bluetooth wireless transmission
- Dell Axim X50/51 PDA’s
- Library application software